On January 4, 2016, the traffic on the BHS/Lurgio Campus changed slightly. (Map,Explanation) We know that we will always have heavy traffic at the start and end of school, but we hope this change will reduce congestion during these peak times.
- Reverse the direction of the Parent Pick Up and Drop Off Area so parents will not need to make left turns at the two main intersections.
- Extend two-way traffic to the concession stand ending at the West Parking Lot so parents can exit Parent Pick Up and Drop Off that way.
- Close the central loop area during parent pick up and drop off (except for buses and students with special needs) to reduce the places where parents are crossing traffic.
- As before, we ask all drivers to do the following:
- Please pull as forward as possible in the pick up/drop off area.
- Yield to pedestrians at all times when on campus.
- Take turns at the main intersections when congestion is high.
- Be patient.